Kids’ Cooking Camps
(MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO CLASS)
(CANCELLATION POLICY, FOOD ALLERGIES, DRESS CODE, ETC.)
Kids that know how to cook are healthier, happier, more confident, and a huge help at home!
In a world filled with fast processed food, learning to cook is a vital skill for any child. That’s why we teach children how to cook and bake whole foods from scratch in our cooking camps. Our Kids Cooking Camps are taught by area Chefs in our 3000 square foot fully equipped state-of-the-art instructional facility where your child will experience new foods and preparation techniques, learn valuable life skills, and hone cooking abilities in a safe learning environment. Each camp has a unique theme for your child to harness different culinary skills like baking, cake decorating, and cooking basics. As a result, your child will come back each day from camp as a knowledgeable “young chef” with confidence and knowledge while creating amazing foods at home!
10 Reasons every child should learn how to cook with us:
- Build important life skills for children that parents may not have time to teach
- Grow relationships with Instructors and other children
- Gain an appreciation for real food and nothing over-processed
- Cut down on picky eating by introducing many different foods and preparation techniques
- Develop fine motor skills with hands-on preparation
- Follow instructions and learn how to read and change recipes
- Use kitchen math and convert measurements properly by weight and volume
- Strengthen self-sufficiency, responsibility, and helpfulness at home
- Accomplishment through practice in a creative outlet
- Improve self-esteem with a fun and engaging, interactive experience
How It Works:
- Our camps are usually 5 days and approximately 4 hours a day
- Our Chef Instructors demonstrate, guide, coach, and support your child
- Students learn proper food handling and safety techniques
- Students work individually and in groups while preparing a large variety of foods hands-on
- Students get to eat what is prepared in class, so there is no need to pack a snack
- We teach how to use kitchen equipment, cookware, and everything else needed to be proficient in the kitchen
- We supply all food, ingredients, a hat, and an apron. Soft drinks are available for purchase during classes. Filtered water is free.