A great way for your child to achieve learning goals!
Our Master Chef Jr program is a unique opportunity for students to master the culinary skills and techniques needed to embark on a lifetime love of cooking and self sufficiency while building a solid foundation in cooking and food knowledge.
10 Reasons every child should learn how to cook:
- It’s an important life skill
- Builds relationahips
- Gives an appreciation for real food
- Cuts down on picky eating
- Develops fine motor skills
- Requires following instructions
- Practices reading comprehension
- Practices math
- Creative outlet
- Relieves Mom and Dad
When you enroll you are making a commitment to us and your child that you will complete both blocks for a total of 20 classes.
The program consists of 2 blocks of 10 classes each. These classes will be offered on Monday evenings for (Group A) and Tuesday evenings for (Group B). Upon enrollment, each student receives a folder with a tracking sheet and space to keep recipes and other class materials. Just bring this folder to class each day and we will track your child’s progress. Children must start the program with Block 1.
When you pay the $75 program enrollment fee, we will email you a coupon code for 20% off the class block price! Then you may purchase both blocks to reserve your child’s spot in class.
The deadline for payment and enrollment for Block 2 is during week 9 of classes. Failure to meet the deadline or to make other arrangements with us will result in your child being dropped from the program.
Upon completion of both blocks students will receive:
- A Chef Jacket
- A Chef Hat
- A Chef and Paring Knife
- A Certificate of Completion
Required skills (20):
- Knife safety/skills/basic cuts
- Egg cookery
- How to cook breakfast foods
- Roasting meats and vegetables
- Sauteing meats and vegetables
- Stir frying
- Deep frying
- Grilling meats and vegetables
- Boiling and simmering meats and vegetables
- Braising meats and vegetables
- Cooking and preparing fruit
- Cold and hot soups
- Homemade pasta and sauces
- Cooking and preparing vegetables
- Salads and dressings
- Hot and cold sandwiches
- Baking and pastry basics
- Baking cakes, cookies, and decorating techniques
- Baking breads
- Baking pies