The Ultimate Learning Experience for your child and a perfect place to learn baking skills while stirring-up creativity!
This is the perfect camp for kids that love everything baking! Our Professional Pastry Chef’s are great with kids and skilled in all aspects of baking and pastry techniques. Your child will learn all the skills needed to create delicious and attractively prepared desserts while having fun in a hands on learning environment! Lunch will be provided! Class Dates: June 15th-19th.
- Monday: How to measure using weight and volume, how to read and follow a recipe, ingredient identification, making and flavoring batters. Baking cupcakes and cakes
- Tuesday: Decorating cakes and cupcakes with buttercream and fondant. How to make borders, writing on cakes, flowers, and more
- Wednesday: Baking cookies. How to use royal icing flooding techniques. How to form and decorate cookies
- Thursday: Preparing yeast dough. How to make yeast and cake style doughnuts. Flavoring doughnuts. Decorating and glazing
- Friday: How to work with chocolate. Tempering and molding chocolate. Making cake pops, truffles, and chocolate art.
How It Works:
* Our Chef Instructors demonstrate, guide, and support
* Students learn proper food handling, organization, cleanliness, and safety techniques
* Students work individually and in groups while preparing bakery items hands on
* Students eat what is prepared in class. Lunch is provided as well
* We teach equipment use and safety, cookware use, and everything else needed to be proficient while baking
* We supply all food, ingredients, a hat, and an apron
Please visit the FAQ page on our web site for cancellation policy, dress code, and more important information!