In this fun, hands on, and interactive camp, students will learn what it takes to be a real Pastry Chef. Our Chefs will teach the techniques, tips, and tricks that expert Pastry Chefs use every day! If your child loves watching baking shows and aspires to learn more, this camp is perfect for you! Students will learn starting with the basics and working up to creating beautiful and delicious pastry and baked goods! Class dates: July 29th-August 2nd.
- Monday: We start with an intro to the pastry arts, fundamentals, kitchen essentials, equipment use, recipe understanding, measuring, and batters
- Tuesday: Baking cakes and cupcakes. Decorating with buttercream and fondant
- Wednesday: Baking With Chocolate. The types of chocolate (white, dark, and pure) and how to use them in recipes. Truffles
- Thursday: The World of Cookies: Not your average cookies, these cookies are fit for royalty. Learn about the traditional mixing methods, cookie styles, and shapes.
- Fundamentals of gourmet desserts: Strong emphasis on proper technique to achieve the best results and attractive plating and decorating.
Instructor: Chef Jocelyn Weatherford