In this fun, hands on, and interactive summer camp, students will learn the basics needed to start their culinary journey into cooking and self sufficiency in the kitchen. We will start with safety, hygiene, kitchen etiquette, measuring, and how to follow a recipe. Then we will jump right into the many cooking methods and techniques used by professional cooks and Chefs as we practice cooking and presenting various foods in class. Students will be exposed to and will learn to appreciate many different types of foods. Best of all, students get to eat whats prepared in class! This camp is perfect for getting your children started on the road to efficient, delicious, and safe food preparation. Camp Dates: June 10th-14th.
- Monday: How to follow a recipe, personal hygiene, measuring, food safety, knife skills
- Tuesday: Saute techniques
- Wednesday: Roasting techniques
- Thursday: Grilling techniques
- Friday: Frying techniques
Instructor: Chef John Alunni