Traditional French Macarons
Hannah Baker Rawlings
|Full Amount||Half Amount||Ingredient|
|100g||50g||Egg Whites (aged)|
|1/2 tsp||1/4 tsp||Dried Egg Whites|
|As needed||As needed||Food Color (Gel or Powder)|
|As needed||As needed||Filling|
- Combine almond meal and powdered sugar in a food processor. Process for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together Egg Whites and Dried Egg White Powder in stand mixer bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whip Egg White mixture to soft peak; gradually whip in granulated sugar, whipping to firm peak.
- Add flavor and color in the last few minutes of mixing.
- Fold in almond mixture in three stages.
- Make Up: Use a pastry bag with a plain tip, piping onto a silat or parchment paper. For standard size: pipe 1.5”. Let stand 10-15 min or until a thin crust/film forms on top of the mixture.
- Weigh down the parchment paper’s edges.
- Tap the pan to release trapped air bubbles.
- Bake 280 (convection) or 300 (conventional) for 10-15 min.
- Let cool. Add filling once fully cooled.