Savory Skillet Crepes with Cheese
CREPES WITH BERRIES AND CREAM
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
For the Crepes (makes about 12):
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon oil, olive or grapeseed
- nonstick spray
For the Berries:
- 3 oz blackberries
- 3 oz raspberries
- 4 oz strawberries, cut in quarters
- 12 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for topping
- In a bowl, whisk flour, milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of skillet. Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown. Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining crepe mixture.
- To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon cream or your desired filling into center of each crepe. Top with some berries and roll crepes.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and more berries on top. Best if served warm.